American Underworld (Discovery) – Segment Producer (2011)
- Discovery Channel series investigating underground and criminal subcultures around the U.S.. Produced by The Incubator.
- Worked with law enforcement officers and governments to produce segments dealing with illegal activities such as prostitution, drug use and theft.
Brad Meltzer's DECODED (History) – Segment Producer (2010)
- History Channel series following a team of investigators solving historical mysteries. Produced by Go Go Luckey Entertainment.
- Field produced five hour-long episodes and managed shoots in 8 different states.
- Researched, developed stories, found and booked experts, and worked with talent.
The Lazy Environmentalist (Sundance) – Associate Producer (2009 - 2010)
- Environmental series produced by Free Range Media, highlighting easy and cost-effective ways of going green.
New Horizons Pictures – Web Producer (2009)
- Built a new online multimedia site for Roger Corman’s library of over 400 films.
Last Lantern Productions – Producer, Web Developer (2009)
- Produced various client-based video, photography & web projects.
“Hope For Your Home” (TLC) – Segment Producer (2008)
- Reality series about the U.S. mortgage crisis, produced by Actual Reality Pictures.
The G Group – Reality TV Think Tank Member (2008)
- Responsible for creating and developing original Reality TV concepts.
“Flip That House” (TLC) & “Greenovate” (Discovery Home) – Associate Producer (2008)
- Field produced, conducted interviews and filmed for two series at Actual Reality Pictures.
Evolution Film & Tape – Production Assistant (2007)
- Reality TV dating competition: “Date My Ex: Jo & Slade” (Bravo)
IB Productions – Editor (2007)
- Lead editor of Ithaca College video admissions campaign: “How I See IC”
Actual Reality Pictures – Production Assistant & Intern (2006)
- On set, post-production and office intern Actual Reality Pictures (arp.tv); hired as full-time PA when my term was up.
- Worked on the following reality tv shows: "Flip That House" (TLC); "Do Or Dice" (Bravo); "The Dave Ramsey Project" (CBS); "126 Rivington" (HBO)
Out of Pocket Films / "Welcome To Paradise" - Intern (2006)
- Independent feature film produced on the Sony Pictures lot. (outofpocket.com)
Log In Productions – Assistant Editor / Intern (2005)
- Independent documentary production company in Spencer, NY. (logtv.com)
- Assistant editor for feature-length documentaries: “Borderline”, “The Legacy of Jedwabne”, “Portraits of Emotion”, “Eco-Village”
- Video cameras: Canon 5D & 7D - still photography and video; Sony EX3 & V1U; Panasonic HVX & DVX; JVC GY Series.
- Video editing software: Final Cut Pro, Vegas Video, Avid, Avid Express DV
- Television Studio: Grass Valley Kayak switcher, Chyron CG, studio audio & cameras
- Screenwriting: Experience writing scripted television, features and reality tv scripts.
- Graphics software: Asobe Photoshop, After Effects, Flash, Illustrator
- Office: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Adobe InDesign
Travel & Language
- Produced television shoots in sixteen different U.S. States. Willing to travel for work.
- Extensive international travel experience, including: Ethiopia (2006); Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, Tibet, Nepal, India (2008); Germany, Denmark, England, Netherlands, Belgium, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzkbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Mongolia (2011); Canada and Mexico.
- Speak basic level Spanish; 6 years of training.
Ithaca College – Bachelor of Science, Television & Radio (May, 2007)
- Concentration in Video Production; Minor in Screenwriting
- Cumulative GPA: 3.85 - Magna Cum Laude
Reality Rush, LLC - Owner and Founder (realityrush.com)
- Event planning company I co-founded in 2008. We run custom events based on popular Reality TV formats like
Survivor, The Amazing Race, Big Brother and The Mole, ranging from 10 to 300 participants.
- Specializing in both public (“Urban Hunt”) and private events (parties, corporate retreats).
Web Developer - Freelance, 1998 – Present
- Developer and designer of over 30 websites for a wide range of clients. For examples of my
work, please see my web portfolio.
- Specialties: Wordpress development; eCommerce sites; Amazon Storefronts
Ithaca College Television (ICTV) Series (ictv.org)
“The Race” – Producer / Director / Lead Editor (2006 – 2007)
- Produced two seasons of a reality travelogue series where teams of two race across New York State in an elimination-style competition.
- Managed crews of 50 (season 1) and 70 (season 2), and edited 200 hours of footage into 10 hour-long episodes; Seen by 30,000+ viewers.
- Featured on “Reality Remix” (Fox Reality Channel), MSNBC.com, Reality Blurred, Fuse Magazine, WTVH Syracuse, WROC Rochester, and other media outlets.
- Awards include: 2008 College Broadcasters Inc. award; 2007 PEGASYS award winner; 2007 ICTV winner for “Best Show”, “Best New Show”
“Unicorn Boy” – Creator / Producer / Director / Animator (2005 – 2006)
- Animated comedy series about a boy who was born with a unicorn horn. This was ICTV’s first ever entirely-animated program.
- 2006 PEGASYS award winner: “Best Comedy” & “Best Educational Access”
Director for several ICTV series:
- “If It Floats” (2007); “The Screening Room” (2005); “Better Safe Than” (2005); “These Are The News” (2005); “The Solarium” (2004)
“The Dirty Dozen” – Producer / Director of Photography / Editor (2005)
- Forty-minute documentary following a flag football team over an entire season.
“Hate Radio: Infesting The Airwaves” – Producer / Editor (2004)
- Documentary pilot investigating underground white supremacist radio stations.
Teacher’s Assistant – Ithaca College (2006 - 2007)
- Instructed students and aided professors in Nonfiction Production and Experimental Video courses at Ithaca College.
Educational Media Institute – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (2006)
- Volunteer instructor and video producer for the Ethiopian public education agency.
- Trained Ethiopian video producers on the use of production equipment.
- Produced a short documentary about EMA, which aired over Ethiopian satellite TV.
Honors & Awards
- 2011 – Completed Mongol Rally 2011 (therubberduckies.com)
- 2008 – College Broadcasters Inc. Award for “Best Special Broadcast” (The Race)
- 2007 – Ithaca College Television-Radio Dept. “Senior of the Year”
- 2007 – ICTV “Senior of the Year” and “Outstanding Commitment”
- 2007 – Peggy R. Williams Award for Academic and Community Leadership
- 2006 – Inducted to Phi Kappa Phi & Lambda Pi Eta communications honor societies
- 2005 – College Broadcasters Inc. Award for “Best Student Media Website” (ictv.org)
- 2003 – Ithaca College Park Scholar Award (full ride scholarship to Ithaca College)
- 2003 – Eagle Scout Rank, Boy Scouts of America
- 2003 – Salutatorian of Owego Free Academy high school class of 2003.
Peter Robert Berg